The Principal Speakers will each give a minicourse of four
lectures. Please see here for their titles.
The One-Hour Speakers will give a plenary lecture each. Please see here for their titles.
In addition, all attendees are invited to contribute a 20-minute talk. Please see here for information on how to submit a title and abstract.
The timetable (subject to change):
The following talk schedule may also be downloaded as a pdf. The complete booklet of
talk abstracts may also be downloaded as a pdf. Please note the latter will not be made not
be made available in paper form by the organisers, unlike the full talk schedule which will be in your welcome pack.
There will be an extensive social programme. Events planned so far include:
- Walking tours. After dinner on the evening of Sunday 4th there will be semi-guided walking tours of the beautiful town of St Andrews, ending at a local pub. Tours will depart from the two residences at 8pm.
- Historical talk and champagne reception 2013 is the 600th anniversary of the founding of the University of St Andrews. As part of the celebrations there will be a plenary historical talk on Monday 5th by Edmund Robertson, followed by a champagne reception in the main conference coffee area.
- Whisky tasting After dinner on the evening of Tuesday 6th there will be a whisky tasting in Lower College Hall, one of the historic buildings of the university.
- Excursion to Falkland Palace After lunch on Wednesday 7th there will be an excursion to Falkland Palace, former home of Mary Queen of Scots (amongst others). As well as a tour of the palace, there will be time to explore the beautiful grounds, and tea and a scone will be provided at a local cafe. If the weather is good, there will be an alternative excursion consisting of a bracing walk through the local countryside.
- Musical evening Peter Neumann and Tara Brough have kindly agreed to organise a musical evening after dinner on Thursday 8th. Please come along either with instruments, or just to listen, or (for the bold) to dance! If you'd like to join in, please email Peter or Tara, as they need to know numbers, and may be able to arrange a loan of musical instruments. The musical evening will take place in Upper College Hall.
- Conference banquet This will be held on the evening of Friday 9th, in the Gateway building, at 7pm for 7.30pm. After dinner there will be a band, and a cash bar: the band have previously played for the British Combinatorial Conference here in St Andrews in 2009, and this is our chance to show that we group theorists can out-boogie the combinatorialists!
- Survivor's party For those with any energy left, we will be reserving a room in a nearby pub on the evening of Saturday 10th for a Survivor's Party. Details to follow.